Homework at Tulloch
You may remember last year we asked for your views on homework.
In response to our survey undertaken in May 2023, we have reviewed our current policy and made changes based on feedback below:
- 92% of parents who completed the survey have said that homework is important
- 86% of those asked said they would be happy to help their child to complete this
- Over half of parents surveyed said they would prefer paper tasks e.g. jotters, booklets, and worksheets
- 84% of parents would like homework to be a mixture of individual and family tasks
- 88% of parents would like homework to be set weekly, and would like the weekend as additional time to complete tasks
We will continue to use our school badge as a template for tasks however, we will no longer issue a choice task. Classes from P2-P7 will issue a homework statement in the August of the new school year which outline what homework will look like at each stage.
Homework will be issued weekly. This will be handed out on a Tuesday and returned on a Monday. Pupils will be issued 3 tasks:
- Health & Wellbeing
Based on feedback, homework will be completed in a jotter. This will be handed in weekly to allow teachers the opportunity to give feedback on this. Teams should continue to be used for sharing information with parents e.g. homework tasks, when this is due and other class reminders but assignments on Teams are no longer required to be used.
If you have any questions, please speak to your child's teacher.