Welcome to P7 with Mrs Hogg.
In Maths, we have been revising addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. We have been working on tricky words problems, challenging ourselves with division and practising our times tables.
In Literacy, we have been working hard to use ambitious vocabulary, connectives, openers and punctuation in our writing. We have used some fantastic openers, using words that end in “ly” and “ing”, as well as connectives. Mrs Hogg has been very impressed and proud of our recent imaginative stories that we have written.
Alongside Maths and Literacy, we have been focusing on our Health and Wellbeing. As a class we have had great discussions, sharing our lockdown experiences and feelings. We have also been working as a class to show respect, support each other and be kind. We have also created some fantastic art pieces showing cities before and during lockdown, and faces hidden by masks to guess the hidden emotions behind them.
We are currently preparing letters to send to our P1 Buddy class and are looking forward to meeting them virtually and creating some games for them to play outside!
Additionally, we are working hard just now to apply for House Captains and Vice Captains and are looking forward to an exciting year in Primary 7.
We have written some comments below about how we are feeling about being back at school!
- I am happy to be back at school because I can see all my friends.
- Coming back to school was a bit hard getting into the routine and picking up from things I did just before lockdown.
- In writing we are learning how to write a letter and what certain things we need to include.
- I have been writing stories and I have gotten better because I am on standard 7.
- We have had amazing preparation for our writing using VCOP!
- I have found Spanish hard because I’ve been off school. Reading is fun because we work together.
- I like the cool bus-stop method for division.
- In maths, I’ve enjoyed doing algebra and the grid method for multiplication. I’ve learned how to do long-division too.
- In maths we have learned the bus-stop method and long-division.
- In maths we have learned a new method for multiplying – the grid method
- In art I have enjoyed learning how to draw people in perspective because I draw when I am stressed out, so this was relaxing and I really enjoyed it.
- We have done lots of art and learned how to draw people.
- We health and wellbeing we drew ourselves with masks on, and when you take the masks down it shows our emotions.
- In art we have been doing masks and we did that because you don’t know what the person is feeling under the mask. So we drew ourselves with our masks on but when you pull the mask down you know what we are feeling.
- What are the mask faces? The mask faces are all about how someone is feeling behind their mask and you can guess by looking at their eyebrows.
- We made people with masks on and when we take off the masks it shows how they are feeling. Such as: happy, sad, mad, unhappy, upset and so on.
We have had a busy start to Primary 7 getting to know each other as a new class and a new teacher! We have spent time sharing our skills, hobbies and setting our goals for term 1 and the rest of Primary 7.